Good Afternoon lovely readers.
For those of you who read this blog, you may have seen some of my posts about writing and struggling with trying to create an identity for yourself as a writer.
A couple of weeks ago I talked about starting a weekly guest post that talked about writers and their darkest moments during their careers. A few people mentioned that they liked this idea and I’ve decided to try to get things kick started.
Beginning the 5th October, Writing and Works will host a weekly, Wordy Wednesday where one guest writer will post about their first work, what it was like writing it and what the most difficult moments they found themselves in as a writer. The point of these posts is to share how we move past those moments and why it is important to keep putting one foot in front of the other.
If you would like to get involved in this then contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know your story.
The guidelines are as follows:
- The post should be between 750 and 1500 words. [You can go a little over but please, no shorter.
- These posts are no to complain about getting rejected from publishers or agents. They are to talk about writing in an open, honest and encouraging way.
- Posts should be accompanied by a photo and a bio less than 200 words.
- Your post should be with me at least four days before it is due to go online. This allows me time to get it scheduled and to read it through properly.
- Make sure to give me a link to your own blog so it can be included in the bio.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask. This is something I feel passionately about as writing can often feel very lonely and isolating.
I would love to have as many writers involved as possible so please tweet, share and reblog this call so we can get this off the ground. I need your help to find writers who will rise to the challenge.
Remember, the fifth of October will be the launch date but I want this to run for as long as possible. I can only do that if people get involved.
Let me know below what you think about this and remember, if you want to join in and write a post then my email address is above.