Well September is over and October is here in full force. Leaves are on the turn, England has turned grey and rainy (well even more so than usually) and everywhere you look people are prepping for Halloween (or in some cases Christmas).
This is the second month that I’ve had the honour of hosting the Speculative Fiction Prompt and hopefully this month’s image inspires as much as last month’s. If you want to read the stories for last month then you can check them out at the September Speculative Fiction Prompt.
The guidelines for those of you who are new are as follows:
- Speculative Fiction: a genre of fiction that encompasses works in which the setting is other than the real world, involving supernatural, futuristic, or other imagined elements. [Oxford Dictionary]
- Use the image below to write a story, poem, perhaps even a script. There are no rules about form or style. If you would like to create a piece of art in response that is also welcome. This prompt is about being artistic and creative in whatever way suits you best.
- Please keep entries PG as this is open to all. (i.e no erotica)
- The prompt is open from the first of the month to the end of the month.
- You can create a pingback or use the link up below. Whichever method you are more comfortable with.
- I try to at least read every entry in the prompt and I’d love to encourage anyone taking part to try and check some of the other entries if they can.
- As always, re-tweets, re-blogs, and shares are gratefully received. We are always open to new participants.
Now that the guidelines are out of the way, it’s over to you. Take a look at the picture above and let loose your creativity. Have fun.